Sabbatical In Israel

January through April 2006 I was on sabbatical in Israel. I was based in Jerusalem at Tantur Ecumenical Institute for Theological Studies (www.come.to/tantur). This blog was initiated as a way for the inspiring members of my congregation to experience something of my "sacred time away."

Name:
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

Friday, April 07, 2006


This is Vivi, our House Matron. Actually Vivi has been like a "den mother" for all of us during our sabbatical. She is warm and welcoming and manages to think of everything. If you want to know something.... ask Vivi. She tells a wonderful love story about travelling from her home in Denmark to Israel at the age of eighteen, meeting and falling in love with the tour bus driver, a Palestinian, whom she married six months later. Sadly, he died of cancer three years ago. A more generous-hearted person I have not met.  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home