Sabbatical In Israel

January through April 2006 I was on sabbatical in Israel. I was based in Jerusalem at Tantur Ecumenical Institute for Theological Studies (www.come.to/tantur). This blog was initiated as a way for the inspiring members of my congregation to experience something of my "sacred time away."

Name:
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tenth Station of the Cross - Jesus is stripped of his garments

The 10th and remaining Stations of the Cross are all found inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (first photo). Just to the right of the main doors to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre are stairs leading upward to a small chapel where the tenth and eleventh stations of the cross are commemorated. At the Tenth Station Jesus is readied for the cross as he is first stripped of his clothes. Here you see the inside of teh small chapel and and artist's view of that event.





8 Comments:

Blogger ChaunceS said...

Where did you get the Station pictures? I wish that there were the other 4... it's beautiful.

1:59 a.m.  
Blogger ChaunceS said...

Where did you get the Station pictures? I wish that there were the other 4... it's beautiful.

1:59 a.m.  
Blogger Pracena Varghese said...

yea why not the other 4?

10:46 p.m.  
Blogger Zedvid said...

I clicked on 8:51 AM and it took me to the recent posts that link to the next five pictures.

5:34 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fr. Philip, beautiful stations of the cross pictures. They are different from every other one I have seen. Can ask for your permission to use them for frames of 14 stations for my local church. please get in touch with me at ikembakwo@yahoo.com

9:45 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

11TH http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3812/819/1600/Station%2011%20Artist.1.jpg

12TH
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3812/819/1600/Station%2012%20Artist.jpg

13TH
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3812/819/1600/Station%2013%20Artist.jpg

14TH
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3812/819/1600/Station%2014%20Artist.jpg

2:09 p.m.  
Blogger Daniel Kurnia Paskatori said...

Thank you for all the stations pictures. I ask permission to take them. I'm very difficult to search the beatiful stations like this. God bless You. ---From Indonesia---

11:40 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi:

I would like permission to use the beautiful stations for my church who can only worship online during the COVID-19 time.

Fr. Steven Schuneman

2:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home